Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Things



I am amazed at creative minds. Like the one who thought of putting faces on the feet of pants. Specifically the bunny faces on this "My first Easter" outfit. In addition to keep baby toes warm...


...they provided entertainment all day long!


And the blanket for new Baby Cousin (who is due to arrive very soon) is all done.  I left it drying on my kitchen after the blocking process on Sunday and just got a chance to go home and photograph it yesterday. I hope Baby Cousin enjoys this one as much as Baby Sister likes her blue one.

Pattern:  Crib-Blanket-Afghan I by Anne Norling (Big Blue Blocks)
Yarn:  Tahki Cotton Classic
Needles: size 6


Breakfast in the car is not unusual in America. Drive-thru windows are conveniently located everywhere for busy people on the way to work. But this week breakfast here at Mommy's house breakfast was "picked up" at "McMimi's!" Sausage biscuits yesterday morning and this morning, I used the leftover biscuits to make toasted cinnamon biscuits. Mommy and Big Sister usually leave here for school when it is still dark outside. Anyway they can manage to eat breakfast that early is a good way. That old "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" saying has much truth in it.


As I sat here writing this morning, I turned my head just in time to see a mama bird land on her nest on the front porch. (I started to write that a new arrival was expected at this house--but quickly realized that I surely didn't need to start the wrong kind of gossip!)

Figuring my climbing skills were not completely gone, I managed to get high enough to hold the camera over my head and get this photo. I think we are going to have a ring side seat for watching the bird family for the next few weeks.

Time for a second cup of coffee before Baby Sister wakes up. It's gonna be a good day!

1 comment:

  1. The blankie looks oh so soft and cuddly. Nothing like snuggling a newborn.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.