Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Recipe Revisited

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from someone who wanted to book our ukulele band. We exchanged several emails as we worked out dates and times. In one of these emails, she told me she was a regular reader of this blog and said, "In fact, I'm cooking one of your recipes right now. The Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin is one of our favorites. We make it at least once a month." I think that might be my first ever fan mail.
  
Well, I make a lot of different recipes. So many that I don't always get back around to all of them. Even the ones we liked a lot. So I went to the recipe index (look at the tabs at the top of the post) and found the tenderloin recipe. Oh yeah...that WAS a good one! I had just forgotten about it. 

And then when I grocery shopped on Saturday, pork tenderloins were on sale. That did it. I knew I was making this recipe again. It was the perfect supper last night. The meat was moist and tender. The flavors were delicious, yet subtle. And it couldn't be easier.


SLOW COOKER PORK TENDERLOIN

2 pounds of pork tenderloins (the package I find at my store is about this size & holds 2 tenderloins)
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low-sodium)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2-3 tablespoon maple syrup (I used 3)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon diced onion
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt

Put tenderloins in the crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over tenderloins. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.


Thank you, Becky, for reminding me about this one. I first posted this recipe almost two years ago. I won't wait so long to make it again!


We have watched the Boston snow this winter on TV with great fascination. That is unimaginable for us. Our winter storms are different. This is the view out our back door this morning. Sleet and freezing rain fell all over the upstate overnight. Afternoon high should be in the 40s. Might be why so many people choose to move down here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.