Friday, May 22, 2015

Sour Cream Muffins


This is a classic Southern recipe. There is no pretense that it's a healthy recipe. It is just a delicious recipe. And it's incredibly easy to make. I think of this as a holiday or luncheon or party recipe. The very first time I ever had them was at my bridal luncheon, hosted by my high school home economics teacher. This is the recipe I got from her.


I was at Mommy's house on Mother's Day. Sunday lunch was take-out deli items from Fresh Market because there was so much going on at their house that day. But Mommy added one hot item to the table. These little muffins are so easy that even in a crazy-mode household, they were manageable.


They are simple enough that Little Sister could stir them up by herself. Mommy did help by melting the butter and pouring that in. We always make these as mini-muffins. The bite-size version is perfect as far as we are concerned. They are so rich that you might only eat one or two. Or, what is more likely is that you will just keep popping "one more" in your mouth!

SOUR CREAM MUFFINS

1 cup sour cream
2 sticks butter, melted
2 cups self-rising flour

Stir together. Spoon into greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees from 15-20 minutes.

Can be baked until almost done, then removed from pans and frozen. Place on cookie sheet to freeze, then wrap them securely to store in the freezer. Complete browning just before serving.

Makes 36 (or maybe more) mini muffins


I have also seen this recipe called Sour Cream Gems. And Paula Deen's recipe is called Sour Cream Butter Biscuits. Whatever the name, they are delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.