Friday, June 19, 2015

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti


Busy times here at the farm. But we must still eat. And if I don't put the recipe here, I might not find it again when I need it. I saw this recipe some time back on Plain Chicken's blog. (See link on my blog roll on the sidebar.) And remarkably I could still find it. (That is not always the case.) I remember it sounded easy and good. It was indeed.

Baby Girl liked it. She had two helpings. Daddy-O liked it. He had two helpings. Everyone in between agreed. I like recipes that cover all the ages! This could be made ahead and cooked later in the day. But we made it at supper time and it didn't take long to stir up. Will definitely make this one again.


BAKED CREAM CHEESE SPAGHETTI
             ...from Plain Chicken

12-oz. spaghetti
1 (28-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb.  ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp of jarred minced garlic)
8-oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a skillet, brown turkey until cooked through. Drain, if needed. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Let simmer while preparing the rest of the dish.

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and placed hot cooked spaghetti in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and spaghetti is thoroughly coated.

Lightly grease a 9x13-inch dish. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom. Put spaghetti on top of sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.



4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a keeper! I will have to show it to my granddaughter. She loves spqghetti and we just bought fresh tomatoes for her to make her homemade spaghetti sauce, but she may like to try your version, too. I took a jar of bread and butter pickles to my neighbor yesterday and tomorrow, Monday, in my Simple Woman's Daybook post I am going to send readers to your blog post with the pickle recipe. Good eats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the pickles! After my own warning about the sharp mandoline, I managed to slice my finger AGAIN. And I know better. At least not as bad as last time. The pickles were totally worth it.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.