Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Guest Blogger: Little Sister

Today's Grandmother Gig is written by guest blogger, Little Sister. She and her family are spending the week at the lake with us. We have been swimming, kayaking, tubing behind the boat, and enjoying night boat rides. The food has been excellent. I'm hoping I can also talk my son-in-law into sharing some of the recipes he has made this week. The whole family knows how to cook! Little Sister doesn't use a recipe for this, so she had to write the ingredients, the instructions and give her recipe a name.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Little Sister's own words....

 

I am 10 and a half years old. I love to cook for my family. I have always admired cooking for years. Mimi calls me Little Sister on her blog. I started learning to cook when I was 3. First, in my play kitchen. But I really learned to cook real foods at age 6. 



I have seen my Mom and Dad made guacamole for like forever. So I wanted to learn how to make it. Usually we always have a taco Tuesday so I have had a lot of practice making guacamole. It is really simple, so Mimi let me be a guest on her blog so now I can share my recipe with you. 


Mean Green Guacamole


MEAN GREEN GUACAMOLE

(All measurements are approximate. I use one avocado per person.) 


6 avocados

1/4 cup diced onion

1/2 cup diced tomatoes

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon cumin

a squeeze of lime juice

cilantro, optional (but I don't use it because Daddy and Daddy-O don't like it)


First, cut avocados in half and scoop out of shells. Then cut them into cubes. Put in medium mixing bowl.


Second, add diced tomatoes and onions. 


Third, sprinkle spices over avocado mix. And add the lime juice.


Last, get a spoon and stir until is well blended. As you stir, the avocado will mash up some. My daddy doesn’t like it smooth, so I leave it chunky.


Serve immediately with chips, so the avocado doesn’t get brown. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While Little Sister was cooking, Baby Girl was out taking photographs. 

This sunset photo was my favorite.


Photo by Baby Girl, age 7





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this little sister!(LK)💙. I like a recipe that’s not to fussy but has great results! Keep on cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great blogger, Little Sister. Keep it up! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Little Sister, for this recipe. We love guacamole! I'll think of you and your Grandma when I make it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.