Sunday, December 5, 2021

Correction: Check The Skillet Apple Pie Recipe

If you read the previous post right after I hit "publish" and you plan to make this pie, you need to make sure you see that I've corrected the recipe. It calls for FOUR pounds of apples. Not two like I wrote. Good thing I had more coffee this morning and saw my mistake.

Here is the entire recipe again. With the proper amount of apples. It has also been corrected on the previous post. You probably would have figured out when you made it that it needed more apples. They should be piled high in the pan.

EASY SKILLET APPLE PIE 

4 lbs apples, half Granny Smith & half Braeburn or Macintosh
good squeeze of lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts per box)
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Peel and slice apples into 1/2 inch slices. Squeeze lemon juice over apples and toss.  Then toss apples with cinnamon and 3/4 cup sugar.
Melt butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and place one pie crust on top of butter mixture. Spoon apples over pie crust. Top with remaining pie crust. (I didn't try to crimp the edges because the pan is hot. Just tuck in anything that hangs over.) 
Whisk egg white until foamy and brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits in the top crust so the steam can escape. 
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. If the crust is browning too quickly, shield with foil for the last 10 minutes.
Cool for 30 minutes before serving. And y'all...it begged for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!



Sorry, y'all. I'll try to do better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.