Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Marinated Turkey Tenderloins

Marinated Turkey Tenderloin


I hate to say it, but my kitchen has been ignored for quite some time now. What a crazy couple of months we've had. Not bad crazy, but not-my-normal-schedule crazy. Last night I figured I had better cook something for Daddy-O before he trades me in for a new model. I had been gone for a good part of the day so I made one of the easiest meals I know how to cook. 

This turkey tenderloin is such a quick main dish. And to my total surprise, when I looked for the recipe here on the blog...it wasn't here. I've been making this for years. I think maybe the recipe was on a package of turkey tenderloins ages ago. 

Before I get to the recipe, let me share a couple of photos from our weekend. We drove back to visit the youngest grandchildren and to let Daddy-O meet his first grandson. 


They had several good man to man conversations.


And we were well entertained by his big sister. Her hospitality skills are strong.


So before I climb back in my car this morning to head back there (these early days require a little more help) let me get this recipe safely posted on the blog. I know some of you use the recipe index here as much as I do. For me it's like an online version of the old plastic recipe box I used for years. But this one I can reference when I'm  standing in the grocery store!

MARINATED TURKEY TENDERLOINS

1 pkg (about 1 lb) fresh turkey breast tenderloin

marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1 lemon, sliced (seeds removed)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Put oil and herbs into a heavy zip top plastic bag and mix. Add the turkey tenderloins and lemon slices. (I make sure there are lemon slices on both sides of the turkey.) Seal bag and turn to coat the tenderloins. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

Place turkey on a broiler pan. Move oven rack to top of turkey is 5 inches from heat. Broil small tenderloins (4 per 1-lb pkg) about 10 minutes, turning once. Broil large tenderloins (2 per 1-lb pkg) about 20 minutes, turn once or until juices are clear.  

Serves 2-4


Last night Daddy-O cooked these on the grill for the first time. No messy broiler pan to clean up! They were delicious. But every other time I've made this, I've used the broiler. So it works either way.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.