Thursday, August 24, 2023

Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce

Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce
Still catching up here. This recipe goes back to early summer when Jessica and her littles arrived, minus their dad who was traveling. We were looking for easy meals and this one checked all the boxes. Quick. Easy. Delicious. And it was flavors that Jessica would never do at home. We have to be real and acknowledge food dislikes when cooking for a family. Lucky for her, in our house we LIKE lemon and dill!

I'm including the baking directions for the salmon, but this is really all about the sauce. You can prepare the salmon filets by your favorite method. Bake it. Grill it. Air fry it. Next on my "to try" list is cooking them in the air fryer. We'll see how that goes.


BAKED SALMON with EASY LEMON DILL SAUCE

4 (6-oz) salmon fillets 
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Lemon Dill Sauce:
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon milk--any kind is fine, including non-dairy options
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

If salmon is especially cold, let it rest at room temp for 15 to 20 minutes. Blot salmon dry with paper towels.

Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Place salmon in a baking dish or on baking sheet, skin side down. Drizzle olive oil over tops of filets. Season generously with salt and pepper.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until salmon is opaque and flaky with pulled apart with a fork.

While salmon is baking, combine all sauce ingredients. Whish until well blended.

Serve baked salmon with your favorite green vegetable. Top each filet with the lemon dill sauce and a sprinkle of fresh finely chopped dill or parsley.


To make our meal even easier, we zapped a pouch of rice in the microwave. I don't remember now which kind we used, but there are so many choices of rice and grains and rice/grain blends on the shelf. I don't use these products often, but every now and then they fill a need.








 

5 comments:

  1. Will have to try this recipe! I usually broil our salmon (5 minutes with seasoning, then 2 more minutes with a glaze) but maybe we will broil 7 minutes (no glaze) and put the sauce on after. Lemon and dill sounds wonderful! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi I love your blog and have made many recipes: hot & sweet chic, bourbon tenderloin, balsamic chicken, etc. My fav so far is Cabernet burgers. You were correct, best burger I’ve ever eaten.
    I also love reading about your beautiful family.
    Carol Ann in NJ, also retired home economist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carol! It’s good to hear from you. And thanks for reminding me about the burgers. It’s been ages since I made those. I was a home economist with our cooperative extension service. How about you? And thanks for the nudge to post something new. I have a new (to me) recipe ready and waiting. We’ve just been enjoying some down time. ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
    2. Mimi, what I forgot to add was all your recipes I’ve tried have been wonderful. A couple of years ago I googled tomato soup carrots and found your blog. I’m so glad I did.
      I worked for 2 magazines and also as a test kitchen home economist for International Home Foods in NJ before it was sold to Con Agra shortly before 9-11.
      Currently working in hospital dietary dept.
      Thank you for all the hard work you put into having a blog. Very much enjoy it. Planning on trying the pasta with the smoked mozz soon.

      Delete
    3. Let me also suggest the updated version of that recipe. In my small town smoked mozzarella isn’t always available. So I use regular mozzarella. And then we added fresh spinach.
      Both versions are good. I usually make the newer one now.
      It’s in the recipe index as “baked bowties w/ tomatoes & mozzarella.” Come to think of it I use penne pasta most times now. The grandchildren like that shape.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.