Thursday, November 9, 2017

Winter At Last



I am almost packed. Leaving shortly for a knitting retreat in the mountains. And just on time, the weather has decided to give us cold temps. We have had a nearly endless summer. There are sunflowers still blooming in our back yard. I can see them as I write this.


The zinnias were gorgeous right up until Halloween. Then we had our first frost that took care of them. The sunflowers actually bloomed AFTER that frost. Crazy, isn't it.


But the point is, it has been so long since we've had a winter kind of day that I can't really remember how to pack for cold weather. So I'm taking everything. Besides my suitcase, I have a bag loaded with warm knitted things. Morning temperatures are predicted to be in the 20s. Finally! I get to wear some of what I have knitted. Knowing how fickle Mother Nature has been this year, I put an assortment of shirts in my suitcase. Warm snuggly pullovers. A long sleeve T-shirt. We just never know. At the rate we're going, we may be picking tomatoes when I get home. (Just kidding. That WOULD be crazy!)

No blog posts for a while. See you soon!




2 comments:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.