Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Knitting On The Porch


Daddy-O earned his "knitter's husband" badge yesterday. He's always been supportive of my knitting, even taking me to two yarn shops over the weekend while we were in Asheville for a short getaway. But we came home and immediately drove to the lake to get the cabin ready for "day of knitting" with my Thursday afternoon knitting group. And Daddy-O dove right in sweeping the gigantic porch, uncovering the furniture, buying ice, and even planting new flowers in the pots at the front door.

His reward (besides earring his badge) was getting make a hearty plate for his lunch. And also enjoy some leftovers for his supper. We had a feast! I had invited the knitters for lunch and an afternoon of knitting on the porch. The catch was that they also were asked to bring a salad for lunch. So many good salads, plus a few other goodies were on that table.


In the next several weeks I'll be sharing some of the recipes we enjoyed yesterday. There were several "new to me" recipes, and some others that were good enough to share with you again.


These tiny sour cream muffins (also known as sour cream gems—depends on where you got your recipe) are a must for a luncheon. They only take minutes to stir up. Then pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes and they are ready.


For reasons I don't know I patted the tops of a few muffins down so that they ended up with smooth tops. You can't mess this recipe up, but I did decide that I liked the rough top you get when you just use a spoon to drop the dough into the muffin tin. More crispy edges.

SOUR CREAM MUFFINS

1 cup sour cream
2 sticks butter, melted
2 cups self-rising flour

Stir together. Spoon into greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees from 15-20 minutes.

Can be baked until almost done, then removed from pans and frozen. Place on cookie sheet to freeze, then wrap them securely to store in the freezer. Complete browning just before serving.

Makes 36 mini muffins



This recipe has been shared here before, but yesterday I was texting with a friend in another state while I was doing the last bits of preparation, like baking these muffins. I sent her a photo of the muffins as they came out of the oven. I know she is a blog reader but she had missed this recipe. Maybe you haven't seen it before either. So here you go.  

One of our knitters said yesterday, she wants this recipe to use at Thanksgiving. They can be baked ahead and frozen so it's a great recipe when you need some make-ahead recipes. We had so many good recipes yesterday that our "knitting mama" (we meet weekly at her business for knitting and visiting) has asked all of us to bring her the recipes we used and she will print out a set for everyone. I will share several of them here with you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.