Monday, September 17, 2018

The Squeaking Wheel

Baby Girl asked, "Mimi, would you make me some socks?"


"Mimi, have you started my socks?"


"Mimi, are my socks ready yet?


"Mimi, shouldn't you be working on my socks?"


"Mimi, did you forget my socks?"


"Mimi, when will you finish my socks?"


"Mimi, how much longer will my socks take?"


"Mimi, if you knitted more they would get done faster."


The squeaking wheel gets her socks.


Pattern: Ribbed Socks For Kids by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Stripes, Meadow Stripes colorway
Needles: Size 2








6 comments:

  1. How sweet is your story in photos! That is an insistent little squeaky wheel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not gotten the socks to her yet. Not sure if I need to finish her sister's pair before I give them. But she asked SO MANY times, maybe she needs them now.😊

      Delete
  2. Very cute! Both socks and story. I don't knit socks but like using sock yarn on rare occasion for other things. Your needle size gave me a starting point from to determine gauge since I have a skein of Patons Kroy in my stash. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I use sock yarn more often for things other than socks. If I'm using it for something like a shawl, I likely would use a size 6 or 7 needle to get a drapey fabric.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.