Sunday, November 14, 2021

Another Year In The Rearview Mirror


It was my birthday weekend. Another trip around the sun. And felt like I went around quicker than the year before. Not telling my age—although it's not a secret. But my email inbox is now full of mail shouting things like "Tinnitus!" "Silver Singles." (Yes. I am silver. No. I am not single.) "Need hearing aids?" "Silver Sneakers." Those come along with more emails for burial insurance and recommendations for home care aides, and invitations to tour various retirement communities. Somebody out there evidently thinks I need this information.


But I don't feel quite as old as the calendar indicates. All of my joints still work pretty well. And I don't need hearing aids or a cane. I plan to keep up with this sweet thing who isn't quite two. And she has a brother due in January. I want to sit in the floor and play with them, run around in the yard and maybe even teach them to ride a bike in a few years. We will revisit this "old age" topic down the road. Waaaay down the road, if I have my way!


Little Lady is wearing her brand new hat. Sadly, the Hiberatum pattern is no longer available. But the Lambs Pride Worsted from Brown Sheep Wool Company is. You can find it at the regular online yarn websites and even on Amazon. And you might find it at your local yarn shop. It really is a great yarn for warm hats. I've used it many times. I used a size 7 needle for the hat.


 

1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.