Saturday, November 6, 2021

October Turns Into November

We have been waiting on a new refrigerator and freezer for a few weeks now. We are caught in the supply chain mess that complicates shopping now. Every Monday I think "this is the week." But we are still waiting. So my grocery shopping has been limited because I want to keep them as empty as possible to make installing the new ones easier. That means no recipes to share. Sorry.


But there has been knitting. New purple socks for Baby Girl.


How could I NOT make her a pair after finding this note she left me 
stuck above an old pair of socks. 
I put a caption there because pencil on dark paper is hard to read. 


Somewhere along the way I started a hat for the new baby (a BOY!)
due in January. A winter baby needs hats.


And finished it while I was at their house helping with the move.


Good thing I had tucked another skein of yarn in my bag.
Before I left, I found time to make one more hat to keep this baby warm.

And you know I couldn't make Baby Girl a pair without making another pair for her sister.


But when she tried them on I realized I had not seen her in a long time. 
Oh, how she's grown. This pair barely went on.
 Maybe she can wear them a couple of times, then save them for her sister.


So I've started another pair for her. And now I'm worried they will be too big!
I'm envious of grandparents who live close to their grandchildren.

And at the same time counting my blessings that a drive to visit only takes a half a day.
They are no longer a half a continent away like they were for years.
And they are not a half a globe away like some of my friends' grandchildren.










 

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy with the needles! Congratulations on the little boy who will arrive soon. We also ordered a refrigerator/freezer that's supposed to be delivered December 30. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know what people building houses right now do. Or, anyone who has an appliance quit on them. Ours is a secondary appliance to back up our main one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first choice wasn't available until April. And I know that wasn't a guarantee. It's the one in our kitchen, so I figured I better get what I could. Yes. Glad I'm not building a house right now!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.