Thursday, June 2, 2022

Everything Bagel Dip

Everything Bagel Dip

About 5:00 most afternoons, I am hit with a bad case of the munchies. And I'm tempted to grab the first thing my eye lands on. And then 30 minutes later, I seriously regret that decision. We don't keep a lot of junky snack foods here, but there is always something, even if it's only peanut butter and crackers. 

My only hope is to keep something like this dip and veggies at the front of the fridge. This dip is really, really good. And it takes minutes to make. I made some last night AND sliced a cucumber in less time than it took Daddy-O to pour us a beverage. 

In full disclosure, last night I mixed up a new batch and didn't slow down to look up the recipe. So of course, my measurements were off. I should have added more Dijon and more seasoning. And it was fine just like I made it. I think you could add "or to taste" after every ingredient. 

I also discovered last week that it makes a great topping for a baked potato. We were out of sour cream so I tried this instead. Definitely will do it again.

EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP


1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese (vegetable flavor or plain)

1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt

1 1/2 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning blend (like the kind by Trader Joe’s), plus more for topping

1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard


Place cream cheese in a medium bowl, and stir until smooth.
Add all remaining ingredients. Mix until uniform.




Still not much time to post here. We have family at the farm. That's always fun. But as you grandparents know, it keeps you busy! And FYI, the granddaughter in the white t-shirt (Little Sister) is the preteen version of the baby you see on the blog title banner. And Baby Girl (in the blue shirt) is a baby no longer. Goodness, how time flies!






6 comments:

  1. Will have to try that dip! Sometimes that’s about all the dinner we want - especially if we’ve ‘pigged out’ at lunch. Your granddaughters are indeed growing up and quite adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Chloe, this is Mimi. Blogger has taken another turn and it shows me as anonymous. I've stopped trying to figure out settings. It is what it is. You'll love the dip!
      It's gonna be funny one day if you and I figure out we live near each other. 😊

      Delete
  3. I think you may be right, Mimi…:). Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe is delicious! And just in time for the first pick of my cherry tomatoes. Thank you! Goodnight Gram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I keep making it over and over. Just picked our first cucumbers so we are enjoying cucumbers and dip right now.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.