Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In The Early Morning

It's 5:30 in the morning and there are three loaves of bread in the oven. Yes, it's that time of year when I have to stretch my days by getting up a little early. All of these loaves will be gifts later today. And let's be honest...about half the time I'm up this early anyway, so it's not so bad.


Yarn:  Berroco Comfort
Needles:  Size 8, 29-inch circular

On Sunday we had a chance to visit with family for a Christmas party. The newest baby in the family got a new blanket for her gift. I made a summer weight blanket for her when she was born. But she needed a warmer one for winter. 


Let's hope Baby Cousin enjoys the blanket as much as Baby Sister has enjoyed her bright green one--same pattern, same yarn, just a different shade of green. This yarn has washed and dried like a dream--a necessity for baby items.


It looks like Mommy and Daddy will get a "walking baby" for Christmas. These steps on Saturday still require a little holding on, but yesterday Mommy said Baby Sister took one step all by herself. We can't wait to see for ourselves. 


I had predicted she would be walking by Christmas. Looks like my prediction is going to be very close. Watch out, world.

The little tool bar that runs across the bottom of my computer screen has a calendar on it. I'm sitting here looking at a big number 14. Surely that doesn't mean I only have ten days to get everything done! So it's nice to have these minutes of quiet in the early morning. A moment to  calm my thoughts, to gather the stillness about me. While the bread bakes and I am enjoying the aroma, I get to read my Advent devotion. Today's devotion talked about "preparing the way for the Lord" and didn't say a word about preparing cookies, decorations or shopping and wrapping gifts. How easy it is to get that all turned around.  





1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.