Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend Challenge


I just put Baby Sister to bed. She looks like a little sausage stuffed in a pair of size 6-9 months PJ's. Bedtime got here before Mommy got here with the suitcases. So those small pair of pajamas was the best I find. Big Sister is sound asleep across the hall. She found some of Jessica's pajamas to wear. They are too way too big for Big Sister. And she thinks it's great fun.

They are here for the weekend. Big Sister took off with Granddaddy on the tractor this afternoon to help feed the cows. Baby Sister spent her afternoon trying so hard to take that first step--stand up, lunge forward, fall down. They were both ready for bed. That went easier than I expected. Much easier.

It's a crazy weekend here. Enjoyed lunch with a friend today--it was our annual Christmas visit. Baked the last loaves of bread in the oven this afternoon for the bake sale at our church in the morning. And there is a wedding tomorrow afternoon for a dear friend. (Not going to think about Sunday's schedule yet.) I won't be able to help with the bake sale at church, so Big Sister and I delivered our bread tonight. Eight loaves made from my sourdough recipe. And since I won't be able to help with the sale, I decided to add a little something extra to my contribution. This morning before I left the house to meet  my friend for lunch, I made cinnamon honey butter and packed it in small containers. Everyone who buys a loaf of my bread tomorrow also gets honey butter.


Jessica found the recipe online and tweaked it. I used her version today. And I made it today with four sticks of butter. It's easy to make a big batch.

Cinnamon Honey Butter

1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
1/2 cup honey
1/4 confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and beat with a mixer until fluffy.


Now since Mommy is in the wedding and will be gone all day, we will find out if Granddaddy and I still have any parent skills left as we try to get everyone ready to go to the wedding in the afternoon. It's been a long time since I've tried to get everyone dressed at one time, and all into the car, hopefully without tears, knowing we have to be at church on time. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.