Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Count Down


Father Christmas has obviously planned ahead. I caught him making an early delivery today when I peeked around the corner! On the other hand, I have been down for the count with my annual bout with bronchitis and I'm a little behind. But thankfully, a trip to the doctor and antibiotics are helping. Too much to do with just 11 days left before Christmas!

I truly have spent the last few days under a blanket. I have read and I have ordered a couple of gifts online and I am so over Christmas movies. This coming week I will get back up to speed, I hope. Handbells tomorrow at church and one ukulele concert next Friday and my music "job" is done for the season.


I need to finish knitting the foot of the second sock to tuck into a Christmas stocking. Poor son-in-law will not get a cap for Christmas although I bought the yarn months ago. I was happy to hear that Big Sister has been working on knitting gifts last week while she was out of school because of snow. By the time she is my age, her knitting should far surpass mine!


Cows don't observe a Christmas schedule as far as we know. But with our colder weather, they are happy to see Daddy-O every day when he arrives with hay. Thankfully, they just eat the same ol' thing every day and it's okay.

What do you do for meals when you are under the weather? I usually look to things in my freezer first--that's another reason to keep a few prepared meals at the ready. And then I turn to easy recipes that I know will be good. This is not a time to experiment.  (Okay, so I did make Chicken Bog on Monday and we ate it for days. I knew it couldn't be bad, but was delighted that it was SO good.) Tonight, a 3-Packet Pot Roast is in the slow cooker and that should feed us for a couple of meals with more to put in the freezer for another time.

How are you coming with your Christmas preparations? Years back I learned that just like Dr. Seuss wrote years ago, Christmas will come whether we finish our list or not. So bring it on! We will welcome it, regardless of how much I get (or don't get) done.

“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”


Thank you, Dr. Seuss.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.