Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend's End


Potluck dinners are called "covered dish" dinners where we live. They are always good. Both the food and the fellowship.


This covered dish dinner was not Baby Sister's first, but it WAS the first time she actually got to eat some of the regular food. She thought the butter peas were the best thing ever. Could be that these were the first ones she tasted that had been cooked with some seasoning!


I needed something easy to fix for my contribution to the dinner. We didn't get home from our anniversary trip until late yesterday so it had to be simple. This roast is about as easy as it comes. The recipe certainly isn't original. If you Google it, you'll find many, many variations. All with only slight differences. I used an eye of round roast for this because it makes nice slices. The last time I made this I used a sirloin tip roast, I think, and it was more tender. But both were good. Depends on whether you want slices or falling-apart tender.

3-Packet Pot Roast
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
1 packet dry brown gravy mix
1 cup water
1 beef roast (any cut, about 3 pounds)

Place roast in Crockpot. Mix the three packets of dry mixes with 1 cup water and pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for about 7-9 hours.


Then after church and the dinner, we drove halfway to Atlanta to meet Jessica at Starbucks. I had a few things I needed to give her. One thing in the bag was the pair of socks I knitted for her. After a Frappaccino and a short chat, we drove right back home. Glad she posted this photo tonight. I think she likes the socks.

Tomorrow I think the car will stay parked in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.