Friday, September 16, 2016

Lake, Camp, Yarn, Friends = Retreat


My knits for show & tell

"Mimi! I'm going to a pajama party!" First words I heard from Little Sister on the phone a few days ago. She was so excited. Turns out it was pajama day for her kindergarten class. Still exciting.

Well, Mimi is going to a pajama party today, too. Sort of. It's actually a knitting retreat held yearly at the lake near us. We meet at a camp on the lake and for two nights, it's like a pajama party. With yarn. There are snacks out all the time. You can stay up as late as you want to. Or get up as early as you want to. (That would be me.) There's always lots of laughing. We get to visit with friends. And see them in their pajamas.

So it's time for me to step away from this computer and start packing a few things. Instead of taking a favorite teddy bear, this group will come with knitted items. It's too hot to wear them yet, so we will have show and tell. It's one of the favorite parts of the weekend. We get to see what others are knitting and even try things on. That's a great way to choose a new pattern.

Whatever you are doing, have fun. Or work hard, if that's on your schedule. Be in the moment. Enjoy.

Happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.