Monday, October 5, 2020

My Favorite Household Tip


We were at the lake again this weekend. And this time I needed to do a little housekeeping. My least favorite household chore is changing the sheets on the bed. I know, I know. I am so thankful to HAVE a bed and sheets, but I still am not a fan of fooling with them

Which brings me to a tip I've shared here before. But I know there are always new readers here and it's doubtful that anyone goes back and reads old posts. And you need to know this.

So here is one of my all-time favorite tips. Forever I tried to buy white or off-white sheets with a woven stripe so that I could tell which way to put the sheets on the bed. Which is the top/bottom. Which are the sides. But I do have a couple of sets that are perfectly plain. So when I use those, it was always trial and error which to lay out the bottom sheet. Mostly it was error. First attempt would be turned the wrong way.

Then I learned a couple of years ago that:

        The tag on a fitted sheet ALWAYS goes on the bottom right corner of the mattress.

In the photo above, I am standing at the foot of the bed, looking toward the top. The tag goes on my right side. How easy is that? Glory be!!!  (I do have one set with the tag in the center but it is clearly labeled "top.")

No more spreading the fitted sheet out and then tugging and turning it around the other way. Glory be!!!



We enjoyed a special treat on Saturday afternoon. If you are a Josh Groban fan, you might enjoy the remaining concerts. Go to JoshGroban.com, then go to "tour" to find the info about purchasing a ticket for his live streaming concerts. There are two left—one on Thanksgiving night and one, a holiday program, in mid-December. Next best thing to being in a concert hall. Thanks, Angie, for tell me about this.


We had a cool weekend. I actually got to wear a sweater. Oh, it will be back in the 80s by mid-week but it's nice to have a few days that feel like fall. I love watching early morning fishermen glide by while I'm having my coffee. These three were really bundled up. And I took my coffee back inside where it was warmer. 

Have a good week, y'all!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip. I have had plenty of issues when placing the fitted sheet on the bed. I will keep that in mind and remind my son also. Your lake house has a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was smart to buy sheets with the woven stripes. But this is even smarter!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.