Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fall Comes To The Lake


The first noticeable display of fall color.



A little pre-Halloween creation from a friendly spider.


We had an unexpected weekend with family. 
(So what if it involved some significant car trouble.)
It was glorious. (Except for the car problem.)


We drove down to the lake for lunch and ended up staying for dinner and breakfast the next morning. And then we came home with leftovers. It's a long, long story. But all you need to know is that should you find yourself with a couple of pieces of leftover grilled salmon, you can make a delicious, quick supper for 2 or 3 folks.

This is basic "fridge foraging." But this worked really well. Warmed over salmon didn't sound particularly appetizing. But when I combined the leftover salmon with a very few ingredients I had on hand, it was surprisingly good supper. I expected good. But this was GOOD!

Here is all I did. Use this as a starting point for your own creation.

SALMON LINGUINE w/SPINACH

2 pieces of leftover grilled salmon
1/2 box whole wheat linguine
1 jar Rao's Alfredo sauce
baby spinach

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, remove skin from salmon and break it apart into chunks. In a skillet, warm Alfredo sauce over low heat. A few minutes before pasta is done, stir in salmon and baby spinach. 

When pasta is done, use spaghetti lifter and move linguine from the pot directly into the skillet. Stir to combine. Continue to heat gently for a minute or two, until spinach is wilted.



That's it. It almost took longer to write the directions than it did to make the dish.  We will do this again, On purpose.




 

2 comments:

  1. How great to know you can do this great pasta technique with salmon. There are only two of us these days and Costco's great quality salmon comes in rather enormous packages. (We could make a separate trip to Publix or Trader Joe's - also good - but that can get tiresome). I didn't want to chance a bad outcome so never tried it. Thanks for doing it for me!. The tree photo is gorgeous. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chloe! The salmon was inspired by a recipe I saw with a lemon cream sauce. I had lemons in the fridge but no cream. So I went with the Alfredo sauce. That was even easier! One day I'll try the homemade sauce.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.