Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sit And Knit


Yarn:  Jojoland Melody
Needle size:  7


The only purchase I made at the Knit Inn last weekend was this fun red yarn bowl made by a local potter. It certainly kept this yarn from rolling all over the place as I finished this small shawl (or shoulder scarf, if you will.) Yarn can have a bad habit of jumping off the table or out of your lap. Now it should stay put. Plus, this cheery red color just makes me happy.



Not much happening in my kitchen at the moment. I've been happy to just sit still and knit. Sinus troubles have slowed me down this week. I keep thinking about cooking. I just haven't gotten any further than the thinking part. I was happy to have a few things in the freezer to pull out so I didn't have to cook.

I have tried the big batch/once a month cooking for the freezer but it was too much for me. In all imaginable ways. But what I DO like to do is to maybe double a recipe and freeze half. Or, since there are only two of us here, I'll just divide a regular recipe---half now and freeze half for later. That is easier for me than the huge cooking project that others do. Be sure to label and date everything. Seems like everything looks alike once it's frozen.



Looking back...
We went to Mommy's house on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl with their family. Baby Sister was ready for the game in her football outfit. So what if her team wasn't playing?

3 comments:

  1. That shirt is fashionable 365(6) days a year and she looks precious in it! Feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, not much happening in MY kitchen either. Grin. Sinus trouble is just awful and can really take the WILL away. Latest FO is so lovely. Glad you had that cheery red bowl at your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawlette looks warm and comfy! They are so convenient for taking the chill off, especially in the mornings. That's when I wear mine most often. Are you ready for a lace project yet?!

    And yes yes yes to a yarn holder ~ happy color and generous size!

    And your little pumpkin is growing into a beautiful little girl, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.