Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ireland Highlights

It was a wonderful trip to Ireland. I cannot possibly tell you about every experience, but for a while I'll share a few of my favorite things....like our visit to Killary Sheep Farm. These little snippets of our trip will not be in any particular order. Just trying to hit the highlights.


The little lamb in my arms was only three days old.
We really did get up close and personal with the sheep.


We watched the sheep dog, guided by voice commands, bring the herd in.


And the sheep were soon safely in the holding pen.


A few of our knitters took a turn at sheep shearing.


And in minutes, this one was minus his (her?) wooly coat.


Then we were invited to a centuries old farm building for tea and biscuits 
with the farmer and his mother, who was there to greet us and to pour tea.


For sure. This was a favorite day.



This was early in our trip. We had such a good time. And it just continued to get better.






2 comments:

  1. Love reading about your trip and looking forward to more. The pictures are really wonderful. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that day with a lamb would have been my favorite too. Such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.