Friday, September 16, 2011

Sock It To Me

It's a bucket list kind of thing, I guess. I just wanted to learn how to knit a pair of socks to say I could do it. There's something very elemental about the process. It's not the easiest thing I've done. But, at the same time, not as hard as I thought it would be. If I make about three more pairs, I might get it all right.

Working with the four skinny wooden needles reminded me of playing pick up sticks when I was growing up. Wonder if any children still play that game? Or, is there a video version of the game now? Ha! There is!!! That's in the same category as the Mr. Potato Head video game. When I was little, we played that game with a real potato. I am officially old.



Basic Sock Pattern (cast on 56 st)
Cascade Yarns Heritage
Size 2 needles



2 comments:

  1. Your socks look GREAT and so do your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! They look snuggy and warm and the red is striking with jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.