Sunday, October 28, 2012

Punkin Head

At this time of year, I seem to pull out the orange yarn. It's time to make a pumpkin hat! While we were out visiting Baby Sister, she wore her pumpkin hat a lot. She wore it the day we went to the craft fair. 


And several times, ladies stopped us to ask where we had bought it. They thought we had found it at the fair. One lady, when told that I had made it, wanted to know if I would make them for her. She owned a pumpkin farm!  But I don't make them to sell. (You don't even want to know what I would charge.)


I just make them for the cutie pies in our family, like my 6-month-old great-niece who got hers in the mail a couple of days ago. She's the only one with leaf on her hat--because last year, I didn't know how to knit a leaf. Sometimes it's nice to be third in line.


Pattern:  variation on Punkin Head
Yarn:  Reynolds Wash Day Wool, fingering yarn
Needles:  size 3

This hat is made with sock yarn. I cast on 126 stitches, and knitted *k12, p2* around.
Pretty much followed the directions from the original pattern, 
adjusting for the extra stitches.
Knitted 7-1/2 inches before starting the decreases.





1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.