Friday, November 9, 2012

"Brinner"

Thanks to Mommy for another post while I recover.

Occasionally when Daddy (not to be confused with Daddy-O) can't make it home for supper, the girls and I enjoy breakfast-for-dinner -- a.k.a. "brinner."



Sometimes the main course is pancakes, other times it's scrambled eggs, but on election night it was french toast. French toast is quick, easy, and kid-friendly. Here is how I made it... 

FRENCH TOAST

4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 pinches of salt
loaf of day-old French bread
butter (to grease griddle)
powdered sugar (optional) to taste
maple syrup

In a shallow bowl, beat eggs; add the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Soak bread for about 30 seconds on each side. Cook on a buttered hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Sprinkle powdered sugar over French toast. Serve with maple syrup.


This was ready in less than 15 minutes. It was easy enough that I could successfully multitask watching the election results roll in while I cooked. As for the taste... I lost count after the girls' fourth piece each, so this brinner was declared a winner!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.