Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Convenience Has Its Place


When I happened up on the "buy one, get one free" bags of potatoes at the store, I remembered a recipe I had not made in a long, long time. I'm the one who always says, "How hard is it to peel a potato?" But every now and then, convenience food wins out. My reasoning then is that it's better than another fast food meal that includes french fries. Tonight I was glad I bought the potatoes.


I don't even remember where I found this recipe years ago, but it's a good one when you are in a hurry. Save it for "one of those days." You know which ones I'm talking about.

ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 (1.25-pound) package refrigerated new potato wedges
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt  
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM. 
2. Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl (you need room to toss).  Add potatoes; toss to coat.  Sprinkle potato mixture with rosemary, salt and pepper; toss well.
3. Place potatoes in a single layer on lined baking sheet.  Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  Turn potatoes with a spatula.  Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned and crisp.

Serves 4


Tonight I paired the potatoes with grilled chicken and grilled zucchini slices. If you buy the thinly sliced chicken breasts, it cooks in a jiffy. (Love my Calphalon grill pan. Easy to use. Easy to clean.)

I thought my new bottle of dried rosemary looked very "spikey" so I crumbled it between my fingers a little before I sprinkled it over the potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Your meals always look so beautiful as well as delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.