Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow


Yarn:  Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino
Needles:  Size 1-1/2 (2.5 mm)

If a garden depended on me, it would only contain flowers that thrive on neglect. Neglect and ineptitude. Yes, there really is such a thing as a brown thumb.

I love beautiful gardens and yards. In my mind, I imagine walking the stone path in my garden in the cool of evening and of sitting there in a twig chair in the early morning surrounded by the scent of roses. Alas, that garden exists only in my mind.

I do not have the knowledge to make a garden happen. I do not love all the work that makes one happen. (I can manage a few geraniums in pots.) So I am very thankful for flowers like these that just come back year after year. And I'm thankful for the skills I do have. Gardening just isn't one of them.



2 comments:

  1. The socks look great ~ such a wonderful color! And your creeping phlox makes a beautiful background. I agree about perennials. But with our water restrictions we've decided to re-structure our garden areas for vegetables and herbs... and bright poppies in the middle :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.