Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Cleaning

There have been very few photo worthy moments in the last week. I have been doing some deep cleaning that was way overdue. So my time in the kitchen has been spent cleaning cabinets fronts instead of cooking.  Daddy-O has been kind enough to treat me to dinner out a couple of times so I didn't have to dirty up pots and pans while I was trying to get things in order. But we can only eat out so much.

Tonight's supper is already in the Crockpot. Good to know I don't have to think about that anymore until supper time. It's one of the easiest recipes I use. And it's always good.


3-PACKET POT ROAST

2-1/2 to 3 lb beef roast (I used a chuck roast)
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 cup water

Place roast in slow cooker. Mix the three seasoning packets with a cup of water. Pour over roast. 
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. (eta: I cooked mine about 11 hours--it was fall apart tender.)


Now that dinner is taken care of, I can go back to cleaning. So much is done, so much still to do. I have seen this quick furniture fixer pop up multiple times on Pinterest. Does it work? It was so easy that I figured I'd give it a try. And the bedside table was so badly worn that I couldn't make it any worse.

 Before

After

While this mix is certainly no replacement for refinishing, it did help. The places where the finish was completely worn away are still there, but not as obvious. Yes, it looks better than it did. No, it did not completely hide the damage. But for five minutes of effort, I'm happy.

Furniture Fixer

Mix 3/4 cup of cooking oil and 1/4 cup vinegar in a jar with a lid. Shake until thoroughly mixed. Dip a clean rag into mix and wipe over furniture. Wipe off any excess.

I used vegetable oil and cider vinegar. The info I read said you could use distilled or cider vinegar and any kind of cooking oil. Just whatever you have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.