Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer At The Farm

 

Hot summer days.


Walks in the woods. (Little Sister says "forest.") 


Cool creek water.


Lazy mornings.


 Big back yard.


Summer is half gone. The memories will last a lifetime.


And there is always cooking. I made lots and lots of this pasta salad last week for the kids working with the Salkahatchie project. And this past weekend, I made it again for us. It keeps for a few days and seems to get better each time we eat it.

SUMMER GARDEN PASTA SALAD

16-oz. box of rotini pasta, cooked and drained
14-oz. bottle Italian salad dressing 
3-4 tablespoons McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning
about 4-5 cups of fresh vegetables, cut up

Stir all ingredients together and chill for at least an hour. Better if made the day before.

I used a mix of broccoli, grape tomatoes halved, cucumbers, red and green bell peppers, fresh corn (cooked and cut off the cob), diced onion, celery, carrots and chopped fresh parsley. Blanch the broccoli florets before adding to salad for a brighter color.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.