Monday, September 29, 2014

BBQ Chicken

BBQ Chicken

We were in need of a quick easy supper one night last week. I found a recipe online and all the ingredients were in my pantry. The original recipe was a slow cooker recipe for pulled chicken. I'll try that soon, but I had chicken legs in the refrigerator. We like chicken legs and they are always such a bargain compared to the other packages of chicken.

I have no problem with straight-out-of-the-bottle barbecue sauce. But this bumped it up a notch. It was a nice change from using just plain bottled sauce and almost as easy. And there are days when an oven meal is what I need. You could put potatoes in the oven to bake along side the chicken and your dinner would all be done at once. Why didn't I think of that last week?

BBQ CHICKEN

5 or 6 chicken legs (remember I'm only cooking for the two of us)
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 tablespoons Zesty Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil for easy clean up. Place chicken legs in pan.
Mix barbecue sauce and remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken. Bake for 1 hour, or until done.



Looked out the kitchen window last week and saw this bright color. I know they are weeds by some people's definition. But I can hardly call anything this beautiful as "weed." The morning glories have taken over the hydrangea at the moment. That's just fine with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.