Sunday, September 28, 2014

Goodbye,September


The lake after Labor Day is totally different from the lake during summer. Only a few boats are on the water. Mostly fishermen. The air this weekend definitely held the promise of fall. (Yes, the calendar says fall has arrived, but it takes longer for it to make it to us here in the South.) Instead of carrying an icy drink down with me, I took a mug of hot tea to the pier. And my knitting. How pleasant to sit in the sun on a cooler day and knit as the sun went down.


The most traffic we saw on the lake this weekend were the geese that paddled by, honking for all they were worth. They are loud birds. 


Pattern: Honey Cowl
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK   Colorway: Smokestack
Needles: size 8

This knitting is done now. Finished it soon after we got home. It's for Big Sister. (She's 14 tomorrow!) A cowl she wished for. I'm not sure I'd want to spend this much time knitting and HOPE she would like it. When they're 14, you'd best ask. Fingers crossed I'll get a photo of her wearing it soon.


See? Our trees are still green. We will enjoy the last of these almost-summer days. Fall will find us soon enough.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly lovely day! And the lake looks inviting. Your knitting is beautiful. I'm sure it is a wonderful cowl. I love some of the colorway names, don't you? I like your Smokestack and the yarn I'm working with now is called Blueberry Jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often wondered about who names the colors. Have you looked at Dream In Color Smooshy names? The newer colors--Deep Regret, Bitter Malaise, Apathy, Vague Unease, Damp Pillow. Maybe the yarn named Forget Me explains the other names. :-)

      Love that yarn, by the way.

      Delete
    2. I haven's seen the the color names you mentioned, but I think you could be right about your guess. Reminds me of lipstick color names.

      Delete
    3. Crazy names, but beautiful colors!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.