Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hearts are aflutter here on the farm.  We normally don't do big things to celebrate. We exchange cards and sometimes there might be chocolate. That's usually it. But this year Daddy-O surprised me with very special chocolate.


A couple of years ago when I was out visiting Mommy and the girls, we took a trip to Kansas City for spring break. We visited the zoo. It snowed. And then we bought candy. 

I had never heard of artisanal chocolates. But Mommy had done her homework and had learned about this amazing chocolate company located in Kansas City. We visited. We oogled. We oohed and ahhed. We sampled. We bought a few to take home. And I bought a small box for Jessica's birthday which fell right after our trip.


I'm so glad she didn't forget, because when Daddy-O called her for a Valentine suggestion, she knew exactly what I would like. Every individual piece is a work of art. They taste every bit as good as they look. We will look at them for most of the day and then we each will enjoy a single piece tonight. Or, at least that's the plan. It's hard to make them last! Next year, we might be back to just a card and that will be okay. This year, however, I'm going to savor every bite of this wonderful chocolate.

After getting this box of sweets this morning, I scooted to the store for ingredients for a special dinner tonight. That will be my special treat for Daddy-O. I'll share the recipe (if it turns out like I hope) next week.


  Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you both. The chocolates look wonderful. Such a thoughtful valentine you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor got me these chocolates for a thank you gift. They are as beautifully made as they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are special, aren't they? What a nice nieghbor you have!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.