Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I Only Ordered Yarn


New yarn arrived in the mail today. The yummy kind of yarn. It was on sale. A good sale. Like many knitters, it wasn't so much that I needed yarn but the wonderful (discontinued) colors were hard to resist. I didn't order very much. Only enough for two scarves.

I do try to be sensible about buying more yarn. But today I am thinking that my hobby isn't so expensive after all. For the last few days, small airplanes have flown back and forth over our yard and the pasture. Just over the river behind our house, people with a BIG hobby gather together. There is a private airstrip that hosts fly-ins several times a year. Hundreds of planes fly in for a few days. Spouses arrive in their RVs and set up in the camping area. They must have a wonderful time because this event has been going on for years.

So when I think that maybe I should have skipped ordering the four skeins of yarn, I remind myself that I COULD have just ordered an airplane! My hobby is pretty reasonable after after all. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.