Saturday, November 18, 2017

First Grader Hospitality


Parents and grandparents everywhere wonder what a child might be when he/she grows up. It's a natural thought. (Personally, I am mostly hoping for "be kind.") Doctor? Farmer? Judge? Auto mechanic? Teacher? Salesman? And the list goes on and on.

Well, after the greeting I got when I arrived here for several days of "Mimi duty" while the parents are away, I'm thinking that Little Sister might have a future in the Air B&B industry. She helped take my things upstairs. And when we walked into my room, she gave me the tour.

"Mimi, I put these animals (see the penguin and cat above) in your bed 
so you won't be lonely."


"And I thought you might want something to read at bedtime, 
so here are some books for you."


"If you need something to do, (while I am the sole adult in the house this weekend) 
I left you some activities."


"And there are TWO bottles of water for you this time. 
I don't want you to get thirsty."


And I found these little notes stuck all around the room. There is no doubt that I am loved. Let's hope that by the time the weekend is over, she still thinks I'm fun.











5 comments:

  1. This made my day! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you do the same for her when she visits. How cute. LOve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome welcome!! That's verey special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable! And Tacky the Penguin is the best! Hope you are holding up OK!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.