Monday, November 20, 2017

Maybe Only The Knitters Will Understand


Purl 1, knit 2...
"Mimi, I need help to tie my shoe."


Knit 2, yarn over, slip 1, knit 3...
"I wasn't doing anything! Don't look at me!!!"


Slip 1 knitwise, knit 2, purl 4...
"I spilled my milk. Can I have some more?"


Knit 2, purl 2, slip 1, knit 5...
"Yes, Daddy-O. I'm still alive."


Knit 4, purl 2, yarn over, knit 6...
"Mimi! Make her give it back. She took my stick!"


Slip slip knit, purl 1, knit 7...
"A whole night's sleep would feel like heaven."


Knit front & back, knit 2, purl 8...
"Hurry, girls! We're running late!!!"


Knit 2, purl 2, yarn over, knit 9...
"I promise, Daddy-O. We're doing fine."


Knit 3, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 10...
"Hallelujah! Mommy's home again!!!"


I always pack some knitting when I leave home. This time I had several very simple projects tucked in my bag because it was a longer stay. Why would I even bother when I knew how busy I was going to be? Because knitting makes me feel normal. I found time for a little knitting in the early, early morning, waiting in car line, and right after dinner. Even a few stitches a day is better than no knitting. 

Okay. The knitting "directions" here are pure nonsense. All of my knitting during my visit was plain, plain, plain. But the sentiment is pretty accurate. Come to think of it, maybe the grandmothers will understand, too.



Bonus:  Here is the recipe I'll use for our "emergency" turkey on Thursday. Son-in-law is frying a turkey for the first time on Thanksgiving. Prudence calls for a backup. This slow cooker turkey breast will do just fine.








4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Well done. Knitters will get it, but so will tired grandmothers. Hold on to that poem and just change the necessary words as they get older and into other things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm going to knit while I'm visiting, the pattern better be simple. Preferably knitting in the round or garter stitch. If I'm talking I can't be following a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodnight gram, I was so tired when I got home today. But it was that good kind of tired. These sweet days won't last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, check out Churchmouse Yarn & Teas pattern for Easy Folded Poncho. That's red project I'm working on. I've made two of them already. Just a big rectangle of stockinette, but it looks so good on. Perfect for knitting and talking. Or, babysitting!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.