Monday, November 16, 2020

Another March Around The Sun


I took last week off from blogging. It was my birthday week so I treated myself a little. We did get to see Little Lady, and oh, how she had grown. I ate cinnamon rolls. A friend dropped off the cutest little bundt cakes for us so I really did have birthday cake. (I don't think it counts if you have to bake it yourself.) I got birthday cards and text messages and even phone calls to wish me happy birthday. 


I watched Christmas movies to my heart's content while I started pulling out some Christmas decorations.  Hallmark is the king of this market, but I found some good ones on Lifetime. And I haven't even gotten to the new ones on Netflix. We all know that our beloved Hallmark Christmas movies follow a formula—accidental meeting of people who don't get along, forced togetherness turns into love, the first kiss is interrupted and then at the end when all is well and they DO get to kiss, it snows. Maybe they are fun because they are predictable...in a world where not much else is.

My favorite one of the week—above average for this genre—was Christmas In Vienna. It's from Hallmark. It's worth watching just to see the city of Vienna at Christmas. So many scenes of that beautiful city during the holidays. And I happened to see the female lead do an interview a couple of weeks earlier and she really is a classical violinist. It was refreshing to see a real musician in one of these movies. (I checked. It still comes on a few more times in the coming weeks.)


I also gave myself time off in the kitchen. When I did cook it was recipes I've made many times before. Daddy-O had to fend for himself part of the time. That "meat" on the plate is exactly what it looks like. Spam. Don't judge. I didn't have to cook. I promise I will feed him better this week.

I don't have my week's menu plan done (it's a new thing for me and a hard habit to get going) but maybe it will include something that calls for remoulade sauce. Regardless of my menu, I'm posting the recipe here right now, so that I know where to find it later. I nearly panicked when I went to look for the paper copy the recipe and it wasn't where I thought I had put it.

This was delicious a few weeks ago when I made it to go along with crab cakes. Maybe this week I do something with shrimp. 

REMOULADE SAUCE 


1 cup mayonnaise 

2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning 

1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped 

1 tablespoon horseradish sauce 

1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (I used German mustard) 

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 

1 teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce (or to taste) 

1 teaspoon lemon juice 

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


Mix all ingredients and store in refrigerator.








4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Spam on such a pretty plate. Sounds like you were pampered because you did whatever pleased you. Happy Birthday and wishing you a great year ahead!I'm pinning the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops couldn't pin it because there wasn't a photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I make it again this week I’ll try to add one.

      Delete
  3. Did I not press Send yesterday about how great your recipe looked? Also Happy Birthday! Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.