Friday, October 3, 2014

Thankful For Every Sunrise


I was born a morning person. I love getting up early before the whirlwind of the day has started. My kitchen now faces the sunrise. Every day the sun puts on a show just for me.


As a college student, I always got the classes I wanted because there weren't many of us who coveted those 8:00 AM classes. But roommates were not always happy to share their room with an early riser.


When I was a young wife, I never minded the days we forgot to pick up Daddy-O's shirts from the laundry. That meant I got make a quick trip to town just after 7:00 AM to get the shirts in time for him to dress and get to the office. Driving the nearly empty streets was a pleasure.


These days, early mornings are mostly for coffee, reading, maybe a little knitting and sometimes just being. I might even do a bit of housework. I've learned to be really quiet.


Gray days. Glorious skies. Each morning beautiful in it's own way.  


I am always thankful that I have been given another day. One more chance to do something worthwhile. To do something good. To do something kind. One more chance.



"When you arise in the morning, 
think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive
 -- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
~ Marcus Aurelius 



"These photos were all taken within the last 10 days."


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, lovely post. I completely agree with you about mornings, but even if I did not, your gratitude for each new day would still be inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Goodnightgram, for your kind words.

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.