Sunday, May 1, 2016

City Weekend



The country mouse visited the city mouse for the weekend. (The Country Mouse And The City Mouse was a favorite story of our two girls when they were little.)


 
 
One of the first things we did was to visit a farmers market. Ironic, isn't it?

 
There was a little urban gardening to do. You can grow food nearly anywhere. Like on your back deck. 

 
 
 
Of course, a visit to the city involves dining out. Sights, sounds and flavors that are different from home. 

 

Jessica needed to do a little work while I was visiting so I got to check out her city office. What a view from the 16th floor! She told me that Atlanta is called "the city in the trees." Now I know why. 

We did a little mother/daughter shopping (which was really mostly browsing.) We visited the Georgia Iris Show. And we spent some time in the kitchen. (Recipes coming later.) 

Now it's time to pack my bag and head up the highway to spend a few days with Mommy and the granddaughters. Thank you, Jessica, for your gracious hospitality. 






  

4 comments:

  1. I like the looks of those tall planters! Looks like you had a good weekend. Someone got a sparkler in their dessert? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the dessert choice was between a sundae or cake, the waitress said, "The cake comes with fireworks." Then it was a done deal!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.