Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pesto Chicken

Pesto Chicken Bake

It's time for me to head back down the road for another babysitting assignment. And I haven't quite caught up with posting a couple of recipes from my last visit. But I certainly want to share this one because it was wonderful.

After all of those wonderful strawberry dessert recipes I've posted, it's time for something that isn't sweet. This one is good choice if you're watching your calories, watching your gluten intake, watching your carbs, or like us, just watching out for something yummy to put on your plate. This was what Mommy made for supper one night while I was there last visit. Definitely adding this recipe to my list of regulars.


 CHICKEN PESTO BAKE

1 package chicken cutlets (her pack had 6 cutlets)
salt & pepper to taste (she used House Seasoning*)
4-6 teaspoons pesto (1 tsp per cutlet)
2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
6 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
4-6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, for easy clean up.
Season chicken with salt & pepper. Place chicken on baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each piece of chicken.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is done. Top each piece of chicken with tomato slices, mozzarella and Parmesan. Slide pan back into hot oven for a couple of minutes to melt cheese.

*House Seasoning:  Mix 1/4 cup salt, 1 tbsp. black pepper & 1 tbsp. garlic powder. Store in an air-tight container, such as an empty spice bottle.


If you tried the Naan Pizza that was another of Mommy's recipes and loved it (I heard from several people who did,) this is the same flavor combination. I'm thinking maybe I should plant more basil in the garden so that I can make my own pesto later this summer. I didn't know how much I loved the flavor.




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your grandma time! Have a safe drive. We love pesto here! I sometimes make mine with kale and walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know making pesto isn't hard, but goodness, it's awfully easy to just buy some!

      Delete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.