Monday, May 9, 2016

Strawberry Bread

Strawberry Bread

Maybe your strawberry season is just starting, or maybe like us, your season is about over. But I still have strawberry recipes to share. This quick bread is delicious. Jessica made this right after our "jam session" because she didn't want to waste any berries. One loaf was nearly gone before it had cooled off. I took the other loaf to Mommy's house and it was quickly claimed by the little girls. That's what they wanted for breakfast until every crumb was eaten.


Jessica made two more loaves later that afternoon (yes, it's that easy) and took some to her co-workers. I've told her I think she has extra job security because in addition to being good at what she does, she provides them with homemade goodies on a somewhat regular basis.


STRAWBERRY BREAD

1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 ½ cups self-rising flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries (dredged in a little flour)

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.

In another bowl, whisk flour and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Gently fold in strawberries.

Pour into 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).


You can find the online original recipe here, if you want to make yours with all-purpose flour. It works either way.


I have been away, visiting both daughters and doing some babysitting and decided to leave my computer at home. I am "back in the saddle again" and will try to get caught up on things. If you looked at the Strawberry Ice Cream recipe posted last Thursday and noticed that something wasn't right, you were correct. One of the milks was left off the ingredient list. I was trying out a new phone app for blog posting. It is harder to use than I had hoped. All has been corrected now, so make sure you have the corrected recipe.






1 comment:

  1. I'm going to remember this recipe. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.