Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Cold Wind Blows


Pattern:  Baby Slouch Hat
Yarn: Mini Mochi
Needles:  Size 3

After finishing the "forever project" (well, it felt like forever)--the gray socks, it was fun to do a quick knit in some bright colors. I had cast on and done the few rows of ribbing one day last week. Then I knit the rest of the hat yesterday afternoon and evening. Just in time for Baby Sister to wear today when we went to lunch. It's supposed to be nearly 70 degrees by the weekend, so I figured I'd better hurry up and finish it so she could wear it on the one cold day this week.

Those of you who live in colder climes would laugh at our definition of cold--I think it was in the mid-50s about noon today. But in the shade with the wind blowing, it felt awfully cold to us. 


3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying our little bit of cool weather. The new hat looks so cute on her. What fun! Now it is time to make something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling picture of you two! (We were single digits a couple of days ago but back into the 30's as I write.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.