Monday, August 27, 2012

Renewal




Our beaches are wide with plenty of room to spread out. This was what it looked like when we went out yesterday morning. By lunchtime the beach was dotted with brightly colored umbrellas and lots of families playing in the sand. The water was cooler than usual for this time of year.


So there were more folks like me, just enjoying the edge of the ocean. Yep, that's as far into the water as I ventured.


My beach activity of choice yesterday was settling in with a good book. The first full day at the beach is supposed to be a lazy one. We are watching the weather forecasts regularly to see what effects Hurricane Isaac will have here. The hurricane is not coming this way but the outer bands of rain are. Think we will be looking for rainy day activities this week.

Vacations should be a time for rest, relaxation and renewal. We are off to a good start.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.