Saturday, August 18, 2012

Emptier Nest


I guess we could call this the "emptier nest" stage. Still getting used to our different schedule. On the upside, I do have more time for some projects that have languished for a while. And I have spent hours cleaning out cabinets and drawers that were years overdue. Clearing out clutter and cobwebs in my house also helps me clear out clutter and cobwebs in my mind. Do you find that to be true? I'm not done, but it's well on the way.

School starts on Monday--both here and five states away. Can't wait to hear how it goes for Big Sister. She starts middle school which is a huge change. Plus, she is in a new state. I'll be saying a prayer for her that she finds a friend quickly.

I have promised Daddy-O that I will actually buy groceries today. And I guess he assumes that means I'll cook something, too. Better get moving before I decide we can go "just one more day" without shopping. I've said that a lot lately.



3 comments:

  1. That's so funny - I just sent you an email about how I'm in the middle of cleaning, too! Guess it's this emptier nest thing we have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of her, too. That is a big step. Hope she'll meet just a really nice (and fun) best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.