Monday, August 6, 2012

Approaching Normal

After weeks away, helping Mommy and her young family get settled in a new house, a new neighborhood, and a new town, I have made it home. I took a week off to rest before getting back to the farm. And rest, I did.


On hot days, I stayed inside and watched movies and read and knitted. 


On pleasant days, I kayaked and swam. And I slept and slept.

Many years ago when I was a young woman, I heard a speaker at an inservice training talk about the importance of "keeping your bucket full." He said that we all have many people who need to "dip out of our buckets" and that we couldn't be of help anyone unless we kept our own buckets full. 


My bucket is filled to the top now!


2 comments:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.