Friday, March 15, 2013

Sisterhood Of The Traveling Grandmas


This was my favorite email a couple of days ago. Well, Baby Sister—today's the day!


From:  Mommy
Subject:  Friday
Date:  March 13, 2013 4:11:26 PM EDT
To:  Mimi
The second thing out of Baby Sister's mouth this morning, was "SEE MIMI TODAY!" Still working on sense of time, but nice sentiment. :)
What is your eta on Friday and flight number? Counting down!

A couple of weeks ago I was in the car with three other grandmothers on an outing to an upstate yarn shop. Of course, much of the conversation was about grandchildren. And as I listened, I thought about how different grandparenting is for us than it was for our own grandmothers. One friend has grandchildren in Texas, one flies to Florida to see her grands and the other has family in Colorado. And  I have several other friends with children and grandchildren that reside in foreign countries. (If yours live nearby, be glad. And enjoy.) 

So I guess I am right in style, as I get ready to board a plane today. Daddy-o will hold down the fort here at the farm. But I'm headed for a hug!

1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.