Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Feast For Fathers


Daddy (of the sisters) & Daddy-O (king of the castle)

They came by plane (Mommy and Baby Sister) and they came by cross-country car trip (Daddy, Big Sister and Little Sister) and thanks to stormy weather, the car contingent arrived at the farm before the air travelers. But by yesterday, everyone was at the farm. So we celebrated. We celebrated being together and safe travels. And of course, we celebrated Father's Day.

We didn't get home from the airport pick-up until the wee hours of Saturday morning and then Mommy and I were up the rest of the night with the littlest traveler who had a hard time getting settled. So I tried to think of an easy menu for lunch today. We liked this one so much, I'm putting the entire meal here for future reference. Everything was simple. The two salads could be made ahead. The vegetables just required minimal preparation. The biscuits are pretty easy (the bonus is the dozen unbaked biscuits I put in the freezer for another meal) and oh, so good.  

I'm going to give you the link for each recipe. Yes, these are all ones I've made before. And they are among our favorites. We all thought this was just right for a summer meal.








Corn On The Cob


Roasted Asparagus*




Blueberry Pie & Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
(I'll post the recipes for these tomorrow.)


We managed well for a tired bunch of folks. 
Tomorrow they can think about unpacking the suitcases.



I just realized that I've never put this recipe here. 

*ROASTED ASPARAGUS

1 bunch of asparagus, washed and tough ends trimmed off
olive oil

Lay asparagus spears in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. (I use my hands and roll the spears around to coat with oil.) Sprinkle with house seasoning. Roast in hot oven (400-425 degrees) for 18-20 minutes, or until beginning to brown. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.