Monday, July 21, 2014

What Love Sounds Like


A very tired Mommy had fallen asleep while getting Little Sister down for a nap. Little Sister was a little cranky this afternoon.

Baby Girl was not happy either. It was that kind of day. I rocked and bounced Baby Girl for a couple of hours. She was having tummy troubles and constantly wriggled and squirmed and then cried some more. She spit up a little on my shoulder. I rocked and patted some more. She was finding no comfort with me today. Then she spit up a lot, this time soaking my shirt and pants. I changed her bib. Changed her clothes. And she still couldn't get settled.

Daddy-O came in from a funeral and sat down to talk for a few minutes. Then I realized that I was a mess. I never got to change my own clothes. I was happy to let Mommy get a nap. That's what grandmothers do. But I was tired. I was damp and I was sticky. I told him, "I'm sorry. I smell bad."

He smiled and said, "That's what love smells like."

Then he said, "Here, let me have her for a while."

That's what love sounds like.


1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.