Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blessings

For a long time I kept a gratitude journal. Just a list of five things I was thankful for each day. Sometimes it was something wonderful that had happened. And sometimes it might simply be the smell of bacon frying. Or clean socks. I did try to be specific. I don't write them down anymore. But doing so for many months made me aware all the good things around me. Even the little ones. Even on days when I have to look a little harder to find them. Especially on those days.

Since it's Sunday, I thought I'd list a few of the things I am thankful for today.


Flowers that bloom in my yard--without help from me.


Finished my knitting project.


Worship with wonderful music this morning.

Lunch and laughter with a friend, Mommy and Baby Sister.

And there's no photo for the last thing on my list...

a long afternoon nap.


Today it was easy to list things I'm grateful for. Sometimes I have to look a little harder. The blessings are there. They are always there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.