Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Finished Products


Here is our supper tonight. I posted the recipe this morning as I put it in the crockpot. When the chicken was done, I shredded it and stirred it up with the salsa. When I tasted it, I thought it was a little too salty so I added a spoon of molasses. That helped. Glad I didn't add all of the seasoning mix. I'll look for low-sodium next time. I think this "recipe" is very dependent on the kind of salsa and taco seasoning you use. (If three ingredients actually qualifies as a recipe.)

I spooned it over saffron yellow rice and topped it with shredded cheese and sour cream and a sprinkle of parsley from our garden. Turned out to be a pretty good supper. Granddaddy went back for seconds--always a good sign. The chicken mix would also make good tacos, quesadillas, etc. I'll put the leftovers in the freezer for a quick supper on another busy night.


Yarn:  Filatura di Crosa 'Fancy" Cristallo
Needles:  Size 9
Cast on 4 stitches and knit in stockinette to desired length.

Had to share my favorite new bracelet! Big Sister found a lovely skein of yarn while we were in Texas last weekend.  (How nice that Nan's Needleworks was just doors from where we stayed.) This weekend she knitted us matching bracelets. I'm wearing mine proudly every day. It reminds me that Big Sister is beautiful and talented. I love her dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.